Euler Math Toolbox
This is the homepage of Euler Math Toolbox (EMT), a powerful math program combining numerical and symbolic tools in one free package.
With EMT, you can
- experience numerical as well as symbolic mathematics with ease and beauty,
- present results with nice graphics, which can be exported to files or to web pages, or can be pasted into presentations,
- do quick and reliable numerical computations using real or complex numbers, intervals, vectors or matrices,
- have symbolic algebra and calculus and infinite rational arithmetic at your fingertips with the powerful computer algebra system Maxima, seamlessly integrated into the system,
- find a friendly interface, the documentation, tutorials, examples and a complete reference,
- use an open source software free of royalties.
The software has been developed and is maintained by R. Grothmann, professor of mathematics at the University of Eichstätt, together with a net community of helping hands.
Math of Life Insurances
EMT is for everyone who needs to do numerical mathematics, optimization, statistics, symbolic or integer mathematics from the beginning student level to the research level in an interactive way with beautiful graphics.
For more, follow the links on the left. Good starting points are the tutorials about the program.
EMT is an open source Sourceforge project. The download and the web files are currently located on another server.
You can also get in contact with the Euler community, if you like.
The current Euler version is is "Version 2013-12-07".